Was developed by AFORMAC, France
The module content of module N°1 will focus on promoting communication skills inside and outside the classroom with a specific topic targeting emergency situation such as natural disasters or health issues.
The first topics will cover general communication topics such as types of communication. There we will address verbal and non-verbal communications. Later the module will focus in participative structures and how to achieve results, taking into account the group of learners, but also their parents and community.
Units in the module:
- Unit 1: What is communication
- Unit 2: Communicating with students
- Unit 3: Communicating with parents
- Unit 4: Communication in emergencies
Upon completion of this module participants should be able to:
- Have a clear understanding what communication is and means
- Communicate in a classroom and address parents
- Communicate in a verbal and non-verbal way
- Know how to use communication to obtain active participation
- Adapt communication and react to emergency situation e.g., prevent them